Saturday, June 29, 2013

Franklin Elementary Boasts Well for PM Teacher Cadet Experience


Teacher Cadet Experience - Franklin Elementary

I had the pleasure to work with PM as my Teacher Cadet for the last trimester of the 2012-13 school year.  PM displayed motivation, innovation, a love for learning, and most importantly, a love for children.  There is no doubt in my mind that PM will become an inspirational teacher.   

As a teacher, I pride myself on getting to school promptly and getting the day started.  To my surprise, PM was waiting for me to arrive each and every day!  This will serve her well in the education field.  It is imperative in our profession to get the day started smoothly.  Not only was she prompt, but when I would arrive she was already setting up the room!  Furthermore, she was smiling and excited for the day!  

Creativeness is at the heart of the education profession.  Good teachers spend most of their time trying to come up with new and innovative ways to get students to learn the task at hand.  Not only did PM provide valuable lessons directly to my students, but she always had an interesting angle that I could use with my students on particular lessons.  

PM is a great listener.  Periodically, PM and I would sit down and discuss her student observations and also observations from my lessons.  Her note taking was spot on, and she always followed through with questions for her own learning.  Her drive for learning will no doubt serve her well in the years to come.   

What I appreciated most about PM is her love for children.  She was a natural with the students, and the students LOVED her!  Our field is always looking for bright innovative people, but if you don't love children, this isn't the field for you.  This will NOT be a problem for PM.  Her love for children is very innate.  

In short, my Teacher Cadet experience was tremendous!  As with any field, PM just needs more classroom experience to refine her skills.  I'm very thankful for the Cadet program - what a great way to promote/recruit young people such as PM!!

No comments:

Post a Comment